- Extremely tall grass should be mowed twice. Raise the mower and cut half the desired height. Cut the second time at the desired height and at 90 degrees to the first pass.
- Remember sharp blades produce cleaner cuts and use less power.
Before mowing, analyse the area to determine the best mowing procedure. Consider the height and type of grass and the terrain type (hilly, level or rough).
- When using a side discharge mower, blow the discharge into the previous pass. Never discharge the clippings into the uncut grass when possible.
- Plan your mowing patterns to travel straightforward whenever possible. The less turning or backing up you do will reduce your mowing time.
- Before beginning to mow, walk the area first and remove any stones or debris, which may be hidden in the grass.
- When mowing along roadsides always discharge the material away from the road to prevent any foreign object from being thrown at a passing car.
- It is better to mow grass more often at a higher cut height than too short. Short grass deteriorates rapidly in hot weather and invites weed growth during the season. Follow local recommendations for suitable cutting heights for your type of grass.
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.